During the 11-month degree, the Schwarzman Scholars’ experience encompasses unparalleled opportunities in and outside of the classroom, including extensive leadership training, a network of senior mentors, practical training/internships, and travel seminars around China.
Schwarzman Scholars will be selected on the basis of not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions.
The extraordinary students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship that covers tuition fee, room and board, travel expenses, in-country study tour, required course books and supplies, a laptop, health insurance, and stipend.
- Undergraduate degree is required;
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements by August 1, 2019 before orientation begins;
- There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome;
- Candidates must be 18-28 years old.
Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. There are no citizenship or nationality requirements.
Candidates should submit online application and upload transcripts, CV, letters of recommendation, a video reasoning their motivation, as well as an essay on one of the topics:
- Statement of Purpose and Leadership (750 words).
- Current Affairs Essay (up to 500 words).