The Future Leaders Connect Programme aims to provide future leaders with skills and international networks which will improve their ability to make or influence policy changes, leading to long term impact on the social and economic development in their countries and beyond.The project is being undertaken to support the development of future policy makers in key countries, aiming to help them become exceptional leaders. T
As a part of the programme, those who are selected will be required to travel to the UK from 22 October – 1 November 2018. Selected participants will travel to the UK for nine days of advanced policy and leadership development at the University of Cambridge. They will discuss today’s biggest global challenges in the UK Houses of Parliament, meet inspirational leaders and visit world renowned institutions.
The costs of travel, accommodation and meals are covered by the British Council and the programme is fully accessible. Those who do not gain one of the exclusive places on the programme will be invited to be part of the Future Leaders Connect Community where can access a range of free online professional development policy and leadership resources.
- To take part you must be aged 18-35 and be based in one of the participating countries – Canada, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tunisia, UK and USA;
- You should be able to demonstrate your policy knowledge and senior leadership potential in your application;
- You should be able to passionately explain how you want to make change in your country and how this links to your vision for global change;
- You should have an understanding of policy and are interested in learning more about policy making;
- You should be willing to engage in this long-term opportunity with the British Council to become a member of Future Leaders Connect and be committed to the network.